'Twas the night before Christmas 2013"

So I'm siting here Christmas Eve 2013 all by myself. Not a creature is stirring, I take that back, my Rat-Terrier-Chihuahua, Jack is snoring up a storm.

My family is scattered across the U.S. My wife and parents in California, my sister and her family in Iowa and my son in Florida. But I'm okay with it. As much as I miss them, I have Christ. He tells me everything is fine. The loneliness passes. You are never alone. Be assured. But I still miss them.

It was good to see Little Flower overflowing with people tonight. I used to think, "why can't they come and fill the church like this every Sunday? Dang "Chr-easter Catholics." But today I was glad to see people acknowledging the Nativity of our Lord." Nice.

One of the things I did today, I delivered a pastel, the one that I donated to the Relay for Life Arts and Crafts Fair. It sold in a silent auction. The auction was in July and I have to admit I've been too busy and even more lazy to do it. I finally got it done because I promised the lady it would be done for Christmas so she could give it to her daughter. So I busted butt and got it done. It felt good to see the smile on her face as I gave it to her and seeing all the comments and 'likes" after I posted it on Facebook. I just wish I could do more art and I will because it gives me total satisfaction, a sense of accomplishment. Even better if it blesses someone.

It's been 6 months since I blogged and proclaimed I'm on a "mission." One piece in half a year...a crying shame. I just need accountability. The only accountability I have are the deadlines I've been used to pushing me for 30 years as a graphic designer. Commercially established deadlines that matter because if they don't get done it costs money.

Speaking about money, why does everyone wait until the end of the year, Christmas in particular, to get into the spirit of giving and spend all their resources for one day? I'm thinking to myself, what is the reason? Then I answer or someone does in my head...Jesus. We're celebrating His birth, so we give because the wise men gave. No, no, no...although the 3 kings gave, it is the essence of what Jesus gave. We give because Jesus gave Himself on the cross. And it is that giving that we should all give. Give ourselves. Why wait until the week of December 25th? We should be giving everyday. More important than clothes, toys whatever, we should be giving the message of hope and love that can only be experience in the way Jesus gave. Try giving all year long.

Merry Christmas, all...

Comments

Popular Posts